William L. Clements Library

Located on the central campus of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, the William L. Clements Library houses original resources for the study of American history and culture from the fifteenth through the nineteenth century. Our mission is to collect and preserve primary source materials, to make them available for research, and to support and encourage scholarly investigation of our nation’s past.

1580 E. Ellsworth Rd.

Library is Closed

Beginning December 1, the Clements Library has temporarily suspended operations due to the impending move of staff and collections from our current location back to our newly renovated building on campus. We will be unable to make library materials available for research or to respond to reference requests in a timely manner. We apologize for any inconvenience, and look forward to resuming full services early in 2016. For more information, see the Renovation Project Update page.