William L. Clements Library
The Clements Library Invites You to Join Its Volunteer Program!
The Clements Library has an established volunteer and docent program with a limited number of positions. The volunteer corps occasionally has openings. Our volunteers assist this world-renowned library in improving research access to its collections to make the Library more accessible to scholars and the general public. The program is designed to be an enjoyable social experience, educationally rewarding, highly flexible, and modest in its time requirements. The various options for service for qualified and interested applicants include:
- To keep the Great Hall Exhibit area open to the public, welcome visitors, introduce them to the Clements Library, and guide them through the historical exhibits
- To assist the curators in the sorting and pre-processing of fascinating 18th- and 19th-century family papers, cataloging prints and books, numbering manuscripts and photo collections, and many other exciting projects.
Special "perks" of this volunteer program include:
- Morning "tea" with staff members and visiting scholars
- Invitations to attend programs on interesting facets of American history, the Library's rich collections, etc., conducted by staff members and outside experts
- Annual volunteer reception and “thank you” parties throughout the academic year
- Special discounts on the Library's publications
Consider helping us share one of the nation's great historical treasures!
If you are interested in volunteering at the Clements Library, please send your vita/resume via email to email@example.com. A member of the Clements Library staff will respond.