Clements Library Schedule Updates
Along with the rest of the University of Michigan community, the Clements Library has adjusted our activities in line with public health measures and U-M policy related to COVID-19. For the most recent university-wide updates, please visit U-M’s COVID-19 information website.
Clements Access for U-M Community and Fellows
To keep our visitors and staff safe, and to comply with university regulations, the Clements has instituted the following procedures for using the reading room in person. In-person viewing of our archives is by appointment only and limited to members of the University faculty, staff, students, and Clements research fellows at this time. Please contact us to request an appointment.
Clements Visiting and Research Procedures
- All visitors must wear a mask in the building at all times; if you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- Please bring a completed ResponsiBlue screening check to show to staff when you arrive.
- Our standard reading room guidelines remain in effect for research visits.
- We will not have face-to-face archivist consultation in the Reading Room. If you need research assistance, please schedule a video consultation or email our Reference staff prior to your library appointment.
- We are open by appointment only from 9am-4:30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday) and 10am-4:30pm on Thursdays. A Clements staff member will confirm your appointment time with you.
- Once your appointment is confirmed, place your requests for materials at least one business day prior to your appointment using your Clements research account. There is no same-day paging of materials.
- Please bring your own laptop/tablet, pencils, materials to take notes on, etc.
- Those with personal items not allowed in the reading room (coats, bags, food or drink, etc.) will be able to leave them on a cart outside of the Reading Room.
- We request that researchers wash their hands before beginning their research.
The library’s Reference department will continue to receive and respond to remote requests from researchers who are not affiliated with the University of Michigan. To make a remote research request or schedule a video consultation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.