Clements Library Schedule Updates
Along with the rest of the University of Michigan community, the Clements Library has adjusted our activities in line with public health measures and U-M policy related to COVID-19. For the most recent university-wide updates, please visit U-M’s COVID-19 information website.
Clements Library Now Open by Appointment
To keep our visitors and staff safe, and to comply with university regulations, the Clements has instituted the following procedures for using the reading room in person. In-person viewing of our archives is by appointment only. Please contact us to request an appointment.
Clements Visiting and Research Procedures
- Effective 8/11/21, everyone is required to wear a mask in the building at all times; if you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- Please bring a completed ResponsiBlue screening check to show to staff when you arrive.
- Our standard reading room guidelines remain in effect for research visits.
- We will not have face-to-face archivist consultation in the Reading Room. If you need research assistance, please schedule a video consultation or email our Reference staff prior to your library appointment.
- We are open by appointment only from 9am-4:30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday) and 10am-4:30pm on Thursdays. We will be closed Memorial Day (May 30), Independence Day (July 4), and Labor Day (September 5).
- A Clements staff member will confirm your appointment time with you. Once your appointment is confirmed, place your requests for materials at least one business day prior to your appointment using your Clements research account. There is no same-day paging of materials.
- Please bring your own laptop/tablet, pencils, materials to take notes on, etc.
- Those with personal items not allowed in the reading room (coats, bags, food or drink, etc.) will be able to leave them in the lockers provided.
- We request that researchers wash their hands before beginning their research.
All researchers are encouraged to contact Clements Library staff for guidance on how to complete their research with both digital and physical materials. Please contact email@example.com with any questions about your research.