The Clements Library is pleased to announce the launch of our new website. The redesign includes a fresh look and feel with a more modern, mobile-responsive design. All text has been revised to be more readable and concise, accompanied by larger, compelling images that better represent the library and its collections.
Based on feedback from library researchers and staff, our website has been reorganized to be more user-friendly and easier to navigate. The entire site was rebuilt to be more dynamic and accessible, making it mobile-friendly and available to a wider audience.
Behind the scenes, a new content management system will make it easier for library staff to maintain the site and create new content as we continue to grow our online presence through exhibits, digital collections, and other resources.
Some key improvements include:
- Responsive site navigation via drop-down mega-menus at the top of every page
- Automatically-updated library hours on the homepage, with a link to the full calendar
- Tabbed search drop-down at the top of every page, allowing users to quickly find key search options
- Digital collections are easier to find and browse
- Improved online exhibits
- Better integration of the library blog and other social media
The new Clements Library website has achieved one of the major objectives in our ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Strategic Plan, meeting University of Michigan standards for website accessibility. We are grateful to the Office of the Provost for funding that made the project possible.
Questions or comments? Please contact us! We welcome your feedback as we continue to improve the site.