The latest issue of The Quarto is now available. The Quarto is a semi-annual newsletter published by the William L. Clements Library and sent to members of the Clements Library Associates.
Contents of the Fall-Winter 2009 issue of The Quarto:
- “Native Americans,” by J. Kevin Graffagnino, Director. An introduction to the focus of this issue, Native American history materials at the Clements Library.
- “Tales of Indian Captivity,” by Emiko Hastings, Curator of Books. The Library’s extensive collection of published Indian captivity narratives.
- “To Bring the Tribes Together There,” by Brian Leigh Dunnigan, Curator of Maps and Head of Research & Publications. Indian nations in the region of eighteenth-century Detroit.
- “Expressions of Assimilation?” by Barbara DeWolfe, Curator of Manuscripts. Kiowa student drawings and letters in the Hilon A. Parker papers.
- “The Art of James Otto Lewis,” by Clayton Lewis, Curator of Graphic Materials. Portraits of Native American leaders.
- “Native American Food and Food Ways,” by JJ Jacobson, Curator for American Culinary History.
- “Developments,” by Ann Rock, Director of Development. Summary of 2009 outreach activities.